Minnesota.StateRecords.org is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). You understand and acknowledge that these reports are NOT “consumer reports” as defined by the FCRA. Your access and use of a report is subject to our Terms of Service and you expressly acknowledge that you are prohibited from using this service and this report to determine an individual’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or any other purpose regulated by the FCRA.


Staterecords.org provides access to CRIMINAL, PUBLIC, and VITAL RECORDS (arrest records, warrants, felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, mugshots, criminal driving violations, convictions, jail records, legal judgments, and more) aggregated from a variety of sources, such as county sheriff's offices, police departments, courthouses, incarceration facilities, and municipal, county and other public and private sources.

Staterecords.org is a privately owned, independently run resource for government-generated public records. It is not operated by, affiliated or associated with any state, local or federal government or agency.

Staterecords.org is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") and should not be used to determine an individual's eligibility for personal credit or employment, tenant screening or to assess risk associated with a business transaction. You understand and agree that you may not use information provided by Staterecords.org for any unlawful purpose, such as stalking or harassing others, and including for any purpose under the FCRA.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. Staterecords.org cannot confirm that information provided is accurate or complete. Please use any information provided responsibly.

By clicking "I Agree," you consent to our Terms of Use and are authorizing Staterecords.org to conduct a people research to identify preliminary results of the search subject you entered. You understand and agree that search reports will only be available with a purchase.

Ramsey County Arrest, Court, and Public Records

Crime Numbers

Ramsey County recorded 24 murders, 287 rapes, 839 robberies, and 1,247 aggravated assaults in 2017, the most recent year with a complete set of crime data provided by the Minnesota Department of Criminal Apprehension (BCA). Incidences of property crimes in the same year include 3,168 burglaries, 12,415 larcenies, 2,626 motor vehicle thefts, and 159 arsons.

Compared to 2013 figures, the five-year crime trend in Ramsey County shows that murder (26.3%), rape (3.6%), robbery (5.8%), larceny (4.1%), and motor vehicle theft (19%) rates rose. On the other hand, aggravated assault (11.3%), burglary (15.5%), and arson (50.5%) rates fell in the five-year period.

Criminal Records

The Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office provides criminal history arrest reports for arrests that happened in the county. Statewide criminal history checks are available from the Minnesota BCA. Visit the Criminal History Unit of the Sheriff’s Office to obtain a criminal history arrest report in person. This office is on the first floor of the Law Enforcement Center located at 425 Grove Street, Saint Paul. It opens to the public from Monday to Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.

The Sheriff’s Office also accepts mail requests for criminal history arrest reports. Send this request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to:

Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office
Criminal History Unit
Attention: Criminal History Report
425 Grove Street
Saint Paul, MN 55101

For additional information, contact the Sheriff’s Office by calling (651) 266-9585 or emailing CriminalHistory@co.ramsey.mn.us.

The Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office does not issue incident reports. For these records, contact the various local law enforcement agencies in the cities and townships where the incidents occurred.

Minnesota empowers the BCA to maintain the records of all sex offenders in the state. However, the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension only allows the public to access information for non-compliant predators in the sex offender registry. Use the Predator Offender Search tool on the website of the BCA to find non-compliant sex offenders living in Ramsey County. The tool allows users to search by name, age, and zip code. Make sure to select Ramsey from the list of Minnesota counties.

The Sheriff’s Office operates the Ramsey County Jail. This Adult Detention Center is located at 425 Grove Street, Saint Paul. Its contact phone number is (651) 266-9350. Call this number to find information about individuals booked into the facility. Alternatively, check the regularly updated booking reports on the Jail webpage of the Sheriff’s website to locate in-custody inmates.

Friends and family can make deposits into inmates’ accounts by visiting the kiosk in the lobby of the Adult Detention Center. This kiosk accepts cash and credit card deposits and is open 24 hours every day of the week. Mail deposits are also accepted. Send a cashier check or money order, made payable to an inmate, to:

Ramsey County Adult Detention Center
Attention: (Inmate’s Name)
425 Grove Street
Saint Paul, MN 55101

Court Records

The Minnesota Second Judicial District Court serves Ramsey County and has a unified trial court that hears all civil and criminal cases. The contact information for this Ramsey County District Court are:

2050 White Bear Avenue
Maplewood, MN 55109
Phone: (651) 266-1999

The court opens from Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. The Administration Office of the Second Judicial District Court is at:

15 W Kellogg Boulevard, Room 1700
Saint Paul, MN55102
Phone: (651) 266-8266

Ramsey County’s Juvenile and Family Court is also part of the Second Judicial District. Besides the actual court, this building also houses the Juvenile Detention Center. Contact the court by visiting:

Juvenile and Family Justice Center
25 West 7th Street
Saint Paul MN55102
Phone: (651) 266-5300

To access the records of these Divisions of the Ramsey County District Court, go to the addresses of the different courts and use the public access terminals at those locations. District courthouses provide access to electronic and paper records. Some of these records are also accessible on the website of the Minnesota Judicial Branch. Visit the Access Case Records webpage to search for civil, criminal, family, traffic, and probate case records for Ramsey County courts.

Members of the public can also request for copies of court records. Do so while visiting the courthouse where the case was heard. Phone and mail requests are also accepted. Copy fees vary depending on the type of court record requested. Check the District Court Fees page to see the current court fees for Ramsey County Court records. Only check and money order are accepted for mail requests. The court also only accepts credit/debit card payments for phone requests. All of these options as well as cash are acceptable for in-person requests.

Filed transcripts are also available upon request. For transcripts that have not been filed, contact the court reporter at hearings about obtaining copies.

Conducting a search is subject to our Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.

Vital Records

The Saint Paul City Hall office of the Ramsey County Courthouse maintains all divorce records for the county. Visit or contact the office to obtain copies of your divorce record. Its contact information are:

District Court Records Center
Saint Paul City Hall – Ramsey County Courthouse
15 W. Kellogg Blvd. Room 72
Saint Paul, MN 55102-1682
Phone: (651) 266-8237

The Vital Records of Ramsey County Public Health maintains all marriage, birth, and death records for the county. To request for these records in person, print and complete the right Request Application (Certified Birth, Non-certified Birth, Death, and Marriage). These forms are also available at the Vital Records Office. Sign a birth or death application at the office window in the presence of a witness. Make sure to bring along a driver’s license or state-issued identification card when submitting the form to:

Saint Paul – Ramsey County Public Health Center
555 Cedar Street
Saint Paul, MN 55101

The office opens to the public between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Thursday operating hours are between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pay for copy fees in cash, check, or money order. Make check or money order payable to Ramsey County.

Vital Records charges $26 for each birth certificate, $13 per death certificate, and $9 for a marriage license. The fees for each additional copy of a birth certificate and death certificate are $19 and $6 respectively.

Mail requests for these records go to:

Saint Paul – Ramsey County Public Health Center
555 Cedar Street
Saint Paul, MN 55101

Include “Attention: Vital Records (Birth or Death or Marriage Records)” in the address as appropriate. Send a completed copy of the same birth, death, or marriage application form as above. Enclose a check or money order, made payable to Ramsey County, for copy fees. For birth and death applications, requesters must have their signatures notarized and also include photocopies of valid IDs.